Monday, April 8, 2013

What I've done so far.


        In my first draft of the revision for paper 3, I tried to take out a lot of the choppy, unneeded sentences that just didn’t make sense. Just going through and doing that made my paper a lot simpler and easier to understand. I also went through and fixed or added better topic and ending sentences to all the paragraphs. I also took out a few paragraphs that had no relevance to my thesis statement at all and that made my entire paper flow a lot better. I tried to simplify my paragraphs so that they were to the point and so that I could get my point across better. Another thing I tried to do was to change how some of the sentences started so that there was some variety in the sentences. I didn’t want my paper to be boring and repetitive so I changed a few sentences around and took things out that didn’t belong. I put all the quotes in one paragraph so that they weren’t all over the place along with the explanations as to why I put the quotes into my paper to begin with. I feel like it was organized better that was and was easier to understand because they were together. I also completely rewrote my conclusion and tried to piece it together with the parts of the essay that I already have without making it too repetitive. I think I need a little bit more feedback on how to make sure that my conclusion isn’t repetitive so that my paper itself is stronger. Other than that, I think that revising my paper helped me understand more about how to correctly write a paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment